Our guest this week is Zoran Popović. As director for the Center for Game Science at the University of Washington, Zoran helped create (with David Baker and Seth Cooper) Foldit – a popular online game that teaches protein folding and ultimately allows scientists to discover protein structures through crowdsourcing and community collaboration. Zoran talks to us about Foldit and using games to help solve problems facing humanity.
- Zoran Popović, University of Washington
- UW Center for Game Science
- “Gamers Unravel the Secret Life of Proteins” (Wired.com)
- “Foldit Gamers Solve Riddle of HIV Enzyme Within 3 Weeks” (Scientific American)
- “Physics of the Yellow Angry Bird“, by Rhett Allain (Wired.com)