Elementary science has been on our minds recently. So it is fitting that our guest this week has been working hard helping elementary teachers tackle the Next Generation Science Standards. As Coordinator for Elementary Science in Baltimore County Schools, Eric Cromwell has the task of moving a large number of schools and teachers into an NGSS based curriculum. Listen to the show to hear of Eric’s experience in this transition as we discuss how elementary schools can embrace the NGSS.
- An Elementary Journey to the Next Generation Science Standards (Blog on our transition process)
- Office of Science PreK-12, Baltimore County Public Schools
- Venn Diagram of Practices Among CCSS-Math, CCSS-ELA, and NGSS
- Baltimore County STAT (Students & Teachers Accessing Tomorrow) – Explains our digital conversion process
- Picture This: Increasing Math and Science Learning by Improving Spatial Thinking