Science in Upcoming State Legislation, Conference Recap
Our guest this week is John Timmer, senior science editor for Ars Technica. John has been paying particular attention to state legislatures that, in the first few month of each year, tend to propose bills that attempt to dictate how science is taught in their schools. Listen to the show to hear what bills might affect teaching science in your state.
We also take a moment to reflect on our experience at the NSTA Conference 2015.
Featured image courtesy of Aurich Lawson, Ars Technica
- Ars Technica
- Ars Technica author John Timmer
- Latest Round of Science Education Bills Hits the State Legislatures (Ars Technica)
- National Center for Science Education (NCSE)
Two states that have passed the bills:
- Tennessee Governor Allows Bill Targeting Science Education to Become Law (Ars Technica)
- Louisiana Passes First Antievolution Academic Freedom Law (Ars Technica)