Physics Toolbox: Data Collection with Student Smartphones
We love collecting data. That’s why we are happy to welcome Chrystian and Rebecca Vieyra to the show. Working as an app developer and high school physics teacher, this husband and wife team developed Physics Toolbox – a suite of apps that use the built-in sensors inside smartphones to complement the current probeware used in classrooms. Listen to the show to hear more about Physics Toolbox and how it can be used to easily collect data in your classroom.
- Vieyra Software website: www.vieyrasoftware.net
- Science on Stage’s “iStage2” (their annual publication, which last year was on smartphones)
- Turn Your Smartphone Into a Science Laboratory (The Science Teacher)
- Talk Physics from the Institute of Physics
- Physics Toolbox used to help people shake inhalers correctly
Connect with our guests:
NSTA Nashville 2016
Don’t forget to plan your trip to the NSTA National Conference on Science Education in Nashville, March 31-April 3. See http://www.nsta.org/conferences/national.aspx for registration, schedule, sessions, exhibits and housing.
We always love to hear from you – our listeners. Do you have any ideas for guests? What topics in science and science education need to be addressed? Submit your comments, concerns and suggestions through our contact page or tweet to us at @laboutloud.
Do you like the show? Please leave a comment on iTunes and rate us! And don’t forget to subscribe.